2013 is just around the corner! Here is a fun activity to help your family ring in the new year.
Ages 3 and up
- Container with a tight lid
- Beans, popcorn kernels, rice
- Tissue paper or construction paper
- Markers, sequins, ribbon
What to do:
- Fill your container with a variety of beans, seeds, and rice. Close and test out the sound. Try adding or taking out a few beans for a different sound.
- Cut construction and tissue paper in small confetti size pieces.
- Decorate your shaker by gluing on the paper confetti, sequins, and ribbon.
- Once dry, shake your shaker! Put on a show, play along with your favorite song, or make up your own song!