Chicago Children’s Museum teamed up with Washburne Culinary Institute to create healthy and delicious snacks for our program Petite Chefs!
White Bean Dip with Veggies
Caregiver, in advance:
Open and drain the cannellini beans. Set aside.
Cut vegetables if needed.
- 2 cups (16 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (optional)
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Fresh cut vegetables for dipping
- Plastic sealable sandwich bag
- Small bowl
- Combine white beans, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Place in a plastic sealable sandwich bag. Seal and mash with the palms of your hands until mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Cut a small slit in the corner of the bag. Squeeze dip out of the bag and return it to the bowl.
- Taste and add the desired amount of salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.